17.10.11

drive

I love Ryan Gosling. I first fell in love with him when I saw The Notebook and fell for him even more deeply when I saw Lars and the Real Girl. He is so talented (and good looking).


I went and saw Drive a couple of weekends ago and thought it was very good. One reviewer described it as "deeply cool", which is exactly what it was. I remember it in shades of blue. The dialogue is minimal and the scenes between Ryan and Carey Mulligan are so intense it's almost painful. Surprisingly violent, it takes you on a thrilling ride that leaves you wondering who the driver really is.


The soundtrack is fantastic and complemented the movie perfectly. I've been listening to it almost non-stop since I saw the film. The synthetic beats can't help but make you want to get in your car and drive.

No comments:

Post a Comment